PEOPLE POWER CONVENTION
Attend the 3rd annual People Power Convention on June 9th at the Los Angeles Trade Technical College. There will be a special track for high school age youth that is designed, facilitated, and organized by youth.
Get your complimentary conference registration here.
Take our quiz on youth development in South LA
Fast facts on the South Los Angeles budget
- The City of Los Angeles only spends $65 dollars per youth, compared to $1,871 in San Francisco – that’s 33 times more money invested in positive youth development.
- At the same time, LA spends $30,000 on each youth arrested in the city.
- Los Angeles’ investment in LAPD is 70 times greater than the investment made in the City’s youth development initiatives.
South Los Angeles residents support youth development
- 97% of South Los Angeles residents agree that our dollars will go further if we spend them on more youth development.
- 99% of South Los Angeles residents agree that we need local policymakers to approve a budget that makes youth development a top priority.
- 8 in 10 South Los Angeles residents believe that their communities have too few youth development programs.
I Am Possible! is supported by: