Take our quiz on youth development in Boyle Heights
Boyle Heights youth are demanding more funding for youth development in Los Angeles. Sign our petition calling on Los Angeles City Council to create a Department of Youth Development and invest $10 million of the 2018-2019 budget to help our young people thrive.
Fast facts on the Boyle Heights budget
- The City of Los Angeles only spends $65 dollars per youth, compared to $1,871 in San Francisco – that’s 33 times more money invested in positive youth development.
- At the same time, LA spends $30,000 on each youth arrested in the city.
Boyle Heights residents support youth development
- 95% of Boyle Heights residents support increasing public funding for youth development.
- 74% of Boyle Heights residents disagree with the way the City is spending its funds.
- 98% of Boyle Heights residents agree that if we institutionalize funding for youth support and services, we can help ensure a better future for everyone.
I Am Possible! is supported by:
- InnerCity Struggle
- Legacy LAC