Take our quiz on youth development in Long Beach
Khmer Girls In Action and Building Healthy Communities Long Beach Youth Committee are surveying Long Beach residents and youth on what programs and services are most needed for our communities to thrive. The data collected will shape the I Am Possible! campaign in Long Beach and initiate a discussion about positive youth development and other existing budget priorities. Together, let’s ensure that Long Beach city leaders invest in our youth with a budget that empowers our entire community! Complete the survey now. Complete the survey in Spanish.
Fast facts on the Long Beach budget
- Long Beach spends more than $10,000 per youth arrested, but only $133 per youth on positive investment and development.
Long Beach residents support youth development
- 90% of Long Beach residents agree that every community deserves the support young people need to reach their full potential, such as youth wellness centers, career development centers, and boys/girls clubs.
- 75% of Long Beach residents believe the best way to make communities safer for youth is to invest in youth development programs, while only 8% of Long Beach residents believe the best way to make communities safer is to invest in law enforcement.
- 84% of Long Beach residents would support increasing public funding for youth development programs.
I Am Possible! is supported by:
- Building Healthy Communities: Long Beach
- Children’s Defense Fund-California
- Gender and Sexualities Alliance Network
- Khmer Girls in Action